Job Description / Policies & Procedures
To provide certain clerical and financial support functions within the Recorder's Office.
Work independently under the direction of the Mayor and in support of the Town Recorder and the Town Treasurer.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Type minimum of 45 WPM
- General Accounting skills
- Computer skills - ability to learn programs used by the Town, including Google Docs
- Ability to relate well with people
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Filing skills
- Organizational skills
Description of Duties
This description of duties will form the basis of a yearly review of performance for this contracted and/or appointed position, and any corrective action necessary will be noted.
Failure of the individual to correct deficiencies in performance may result in suspension or termination as determined by the Mayor.
- Maintain the office hours of Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to accommodate the public in addressing any business they may need to transact with the Town. Additional hours may be assigned as needed.
- General Accounting Duties.
- Attend Town Council, Planning Commission, and any other official Town meetings as directed by the Mayor.
- Responsible for office purchases and inventory control under the direction of the Mayor.
- Responsible for checking equipment in and out of the office.
- Assist the Recorder with various audits and reports, including annual office, financial, and insurance audits.
- Maintain Town files in an orderly manner, creating new files as needed.
- Follow the State Retention Schedule for the destruction of obsolete files and archiving of permanent files as necessary under the supervision of the Town Recorder.
- Responsible for assigning, distributing, and returning garbage cans for residents.
- Accept and review all Town applications/permits, such as building permit applications, business license applications, etc.
- Assist the Development Review Committee ( DRC) with the taking and transcribing of minutes and providing clerical and research support.
- Attend training meetings, seminars, etc., as necessary.
- Maintain positive rapport with the Town residents and people contacting the Town.
- Maintained an office in a neat and orderly manner.
- Accounting and filing experience would be helpful but not essential.
- Any other duties assigned by the Mayor or designee.